5.12.2009

Prolog - How I started My Blog and have another one…


When I first started my Chinese blog "Little Eye Lisa's OS on Dance" (http://atsforeverlisa.blogspot.com/), I simply wished to share my passion and love of ATS and tribal bellydance to my local dance colleagues: there was not much information and knowledge in Chinese available then. Honestly, it pretty much remains the way it used to be few years ago.

It all started with journey notes. I travel a lot for my own leisure before and I always write something to share with friends. Once I began to learn bellydance, I would search for bellydance classes or events wherever my travel destination is. I would write down my observation and experiences with other bellydance classes or events. For me, it begins like my other journey notes and as I gradually felt for bellydance, I started to travel for bellydance exclusively: I want to have more classes, more shows and more costumes! My journey notes thus become more bellydance and Middle East culture-oriented.

As a professional translator and freelance writer, writing something I truly love and share what I firmly believe to be beautiful and soulful is a dream job. I really enjoy writing and translating for my blog everyday. While writing and translating, I learn more and more about the dance I felt for so much. It makes me feel so completed in a way.

I am very lucky to meet with many kind dance friends through my blog project. They generously grant me permission to translate articles from their blogs or websites. Occasionally I am much honored to be asked for writing something local for them in return.

Little by little, day by day, I build up reputation and credits with pen name Little Eye Lisa. Sometimes after classes, people will approach me and tell me they really enjoy those articles on my blog. It is very flattered at first and then it gradually becomes a mission: being a bridge between the world of bellydance and local readers. Sometimes I received feedbacks from readers faraway at Mainland China joking me not doing my due diligence to update my blog. Then I realize my dream job is not only for myself, but already expanding as a crusade for people out there in need.

In the meanwhile, I continue traveling for bellydance. On many workshops or festivals, I am often the only one or very few Taiwanese dancers in that event. I have to say bellydancers are often very nice and friendly. They talk to me for what I want to know and ask me a lot about where I come from and how bellydance develop at my home town. They all are very excited to learn that I write about bellydance and have a tiny blog for bellydance till they learn all information and articles are in Chinese. Again, I realize I not only introduce information and knowledge from outside world, but also present my homeland to the larger global community.

So I decide to write some local scenes in English in order for those who cannot read Chinese while continue write/translate in Chinese for those who cannot read English. It sounds very complicated and challenging. I have no idea yet about the contents of my English articles and I believe I would be led to the destination I mean to go for, just as how I started my blog. I could see it as another great journey ahead…

No comments:

Post a Comment